BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES RECIPES

I still remember the first time I ate Zucchini Fries! I was attending graduate school in Boston back in the 1990’s, and my friends and I often ate at a restaurant called Division 16 which was located right around the corner from our school in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood.

It was a popular student hangout known for their burgers and buffalo wings – but I absolutely loved their zucchini fries! Those zucchini fries were light and crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside – and I couldn’t get enough of them!

So back then – long before online food blogs were popular – I clipped a baked zucchini fries recipe out of the local newspaper with the idea of recreating those delicious fries at home! I recently found that recipe clipping again – and with a garden brimming with fresh zucchini – I convinced my husband Jack to take a walk down memory lane with me by making zucchini fries to share here on A Family Feast!
BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES RECIPES

NGREDIENTS

  • 1½ pounds fresh zucchini
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 sleeve Ritz crackers (3½ ounces in weight)
  • ½ cup panko bread crumbs
  • ½ cup grated Romano cheese
  • 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
  • Non-stick cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Trim the ends and cut the zucchini in half. With a spoon, remove any large seeds. (Smaller seeds can stay if the zucchini are small.)
  3. Cut zucchini into thick French-fry sized pieces leaving skins on.
  4. Lay out three medium to large bowls.
  5. In the first place flour, salt and pepper.
  6. In the second place the eggs and milk.

for full instruction please see : www.afamilyfeast.com


source http://allrecipesmostpopular.blogspot.com/2018/11/baked-zucchini-fries-recipes.html


EmoticonEmoticon