Buttery raspberry crumble bars recipes

Tuesdays are made better with something sweet, don’t you think?

It’s funny, sometimes all I want to make are savory recipes, but then sometimes my sweet tooth kicks into high gear, and all I really want to do is bake. Right now all I want to do is bake. I’ve been thinking about why this is and I’ve come to the conclusion that my desire to bake is happening for a few reasons.

Reason one, I’m stressed. I’d go into detail, but I fear I would then stress you all out, and that’s not what I want to do (nothing serious though). When I’m stressed, baking is my go-to stress reliever (and a good hike in the morning). Like a lot of people out there, something about baking is so calming and relaxing to me, especially on a rainy day when the stormy clouds have me feeling more gloomy than usual.

Reason two, it’s summer, and high time for baking with berries, stone fruits, and even vegetables. I’m really just obsessed at this point with the summer produce. The summer and fall months are my favorite produce seasons of the entire year.


Reason three, my favorite foods to photograph are foods with color and foods that I can play around with creatively to make look beautiful. Typically this tends to be some kind of baked good, as they can be stacked, styled, and paired with flowers (another go-to mood booster) much easier than say, a plate of chicken. I always have fun with my sweet recipe photos, so on bad days, I just develop sweet recipes in hopes they’ll turn the day around. More times than not, it totally works!

Buttery raspberry crumble bars recipes

INGREDIENTS

  • CRUMBLE
  • 2 cups old fashion oats
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) cold salted butter, cubed
  • RASPBERRY FILLING
  • 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup raspberry jam
  • 1 ripe but firm peach, thinly sliced


INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.

2. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon, until the oats are mostly ground. Add the cold butter pulse until a crumbly dough forms. If the dough seems dry, add 1 tablespoon water.

3.............................................

for full instruction please see : www.halfbakedharvest.com


source http://allrecipesmostpopular.blogspot.com/2018/11/buttery-raspberry-crumble-bars.html


EmoticonEmoticon