RAW SUPER SPROUTS PAD THAI WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE RECIPES

You can thank my friend, Gingi, for the creation of this dish. She’s growing an assortment of sprouts and asked me if I could come up with a recipe that included sprouts but wasn’t a salad.

Not easy!

Delicate grassy sprouts, such as alfalfa, red clover, and sunflower sprouts will pretty much wilt away and lose their nutrients if you cook them at a high heat, so coming up with a true cooked recipe was just not going to work in this case.

I spent a few days trying to think of a non-salad way to incorporate sprouts in a recipe. Nothing.

On Friday night we had Thai food for dinner and we ordered one of my favorite dishes, pad Thai with tofu. As I was shoving noodles in my mouth I had one of those “light bulb moments” that Oprah used to love to talk about.

The long and sticky rice noodles in my pad Thai made me think of spiralized yellow squash. I know, weird, but that’s how I roll.

Thinking of spiralized yellow squash made me think of making a raw pad Thai with sprouts. And that my friends, is what I did.

RAW SUPER SPROUTS PAD THAI WITH SPICY PEANUT SAUCE RECIPES

Ingredients

  • 3 medium yellow squash – peeled and spiralized
  • 3 medium carrots – peeled and spiralized
  • 1 cup of coarsely chopped red cabbage
  • 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup of bean sprouts (blanched)
  • 1/2 cup of micro green sprouts (blanched)
  • For the Chili Peanut Sauce:
  • 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon of chili paste
  • 3 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
  • 3 to 4 tablespoons of water

Instructions

  1. Blanch the sprouts in boiling water for two minutes and then put in ice cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
  2. Put the squash, carrots, cabbage, cilantro, and sprouts in a large bowl and toss with the chili peanut sauce to coat.
  3. ...............................


for full instruction please see : www.veganosity.com


source http://allrecipesmostpopular.blogspot.com/2018/11/raw-super-sprouts-pad-thai-with-spicy.html


EmoticonEmoticon